Submit a Pitch
***We appreciate your interest in Mercury Filmworks. Due to an exceptionally high volume of submissions, we are not currently accepting unsolicited pitches. We will still review projects from agents and publishers. Any future updates or changes to our submissions policy will be announced via twitter.com/mercuryfilmwrks ***
Submit a Pitch
Got an amazing idea for a hit television show that you want to pitch? Want your submission to really pack a punch? Read our tips, guidelines and FAQ’s below in order to elevate your pitch to superstar status.
- Clearly state the title of your idea or show concept in the “Proposed show title” box below and in all supporting materials for consistency
- Be respectful. We are a family entertainment company. Edgy, satirical and irreverent entries are welcome however, vulgar and offensive…not so much.
- You must agree to the Submissions Release Agreement below before sending any of your creative assets our way. Upon selecting “I agree to the above terms and conditions” & “Submit”, you will then be prompted to submit your materials.
- Ensure your idea doesn’t already exist. Research current television programming & educate yourself on trends and market opportunities relating to animated series.
- Learn how to write a script. There are various online resources that can help you with this. Download a sample animation pitch bible from the web as a guideline.
- Keep it simple and focused. Diving too much into detail can hinder the reader’s enthusiasm and attention.
- Make your log line awesome! It is the first thing that will grab the reader’s attention.
- The focal point of your pitch should be built around your main character. Who is he/she? Where does he/she live? How does he/she see the world? What does he/she want/need? What does his/her daily life consist of? Why should the world care about this character?
- Get feedback from friends. Consider their thoughts and feedback and revise accordingly.
- Spell check!!!
We appreciate your interest in Mercury Filmworks. Due to an exceptionally high volume of submissions, we are not currently accepting unsolicited pitches. We will still review projects from agents and publishers. Any future updates or changes to our submissions policy will be announced via twitter.com/mercuryfilmwrks