Ottawa, Canada – We are looking for a Senior Systems Administrator to lead the IT systems team to develop, maintain, refine and support the technology infrastructure of the company. The environment consists of a mix of Windows and Linux based workstations and servers, and ultra-high performance storage and networking hardware.
- Type: Full-Time Employee
- Salary: $77,000 or as appropriate to the experience of the candidate. Medical/dental benefits and RRSP plan available.
- Positions available: 1
- Start Date: Negotiable
- Job Reference Number: SSA-0417
- All applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident (candidates must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Canada)
- Lead the IT team in the design, implementation, and support of both business and production technologies.
- Regularly review and assess the performance of the IT department. Where required, establish strategies to increase performance and effectiveness.
- Regularly review and assess corporate security and its policies. Where required, establish or refine protocols and policies to strengthen security and disaster recovery protocols to be compliant with regular security audits.
- Regularly meet with all corporate and production departments to determine if their technology needs are being met. Where they are not, revise planning to address any real deficiencies.
- Work with the management team to spec, plan, and cost all technology purchases. Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Work with the management team to spec, plan, and cost all technology and software licensing and purchases. Assist in building relationships with vendors and creating cost-efficient contracts.
- Work to establish and maintain an accurate and well planned annual budget of support and maintenance costs that can be approved by management.
- Lead and develop a team of 3 to 4 IT professionals of various seniorities and strengths so as to create an effective and happy team oriented work environment.
- 5 years of experience as a Senior Systems Administrator or similar.
- Experience supporting corporate and high performance animation production technologies is preferred.
- Demonstrated experience creating and maintaining IT related budgets.
- Excellent organizational and leadership skills.
- Outstanding communication abilities
- Proven ability to think strategically AND tactically.
- BSc/BA in computer science, engineering or relevant field; Applicants with MSc/MA will be given preference
Company Info: Headquartered in Ottawa, Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Over its 19-year history Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including the multi-award winning series Mickey Mouse Shorts, Lion Guard, Wander Over Yonder, Star and the Forces of Evil, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Toot & Puddle, Gerald McBoing Boing, Atomic Puppet along with the feature films Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Amazon, NETFLIX, Warner Bros., Universal, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and its home networks CBC, SRC, TVO, Knowledge Network, DHX’s Family Channel and Family CHRGD and the Corus Entertainment family of networks, Teletoon, YTV, and Treehouse.
How to Apply: Please send your resume and link to your portfolio to: email@example.com and reference: SSA-0417 in the subject line of your submission.
Please note that due to the volume of resumes received only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Mercury Filmworks welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
53 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K2E 8C3
Job posted April 24, 2017