HILDA IS HERE!!
Like the books we are starting the epic quest; looking for just that right artistic soul and talent to bring this wonderful series to life.
If Hilda is near and dear to your heart like it is to ours and you have the animation chops to do the books justice then we are searching for you! Join the Hilda animation team!
About the show:
“HILDA” the Eisner-Award nominated graphic novels by Luke Pearson and published by Nobrow will be brought to life in this animated adventure for older kids. The series follows the journey of a fearless blue-haired girl as she travels from her home in a vast magical wilderness full of elves and giants to the bustling city of Trolberg, where she makes new friends and discovers mysterious creatures who are stranger –and sometimes more dangerous– than she ever expected.
- Positions: 2D Animation
- Term of employment: Permanent full-time employee – in house
- Salary: TBD. Medical/Dental benefits and RRSP plan available
- Start Date: First of April
- Job Reference Number: 2DDA-HIL-0917
- All applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident(candidates must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Canada)
How you’ll contribute:
- Plan, pose and produce high quality animation.
- Provide feedback to the animation supervisor on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the animation team and supervisor in order to reach the highest level of quality
- Bring your “A” game
- Must like trolls, giants. elfs and ravens.
What we look for:
- Must have a strong sense of animation timing, posing, weight and storytelling.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to learn.
- 2+ years of experience is required.
- Work experience with Toon Boom Harmony software is needed.
- College degree from an Animation Program.
- Canadian and Ontario residents.
- Must be a team player.
Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Over its 19-year history Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including the multi-award winning series Mickey Mouse Shorts, Lion Guard, Wander Over Yonder, Star and the Forces of Evil, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Toot & Puddle, Gerald McBoing Boing, Atomic Puppet along with the feature films Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Amazon, NETFLIX, Warner Bros., Universal, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and its home networks CBC, SRC, TVO, Knowledge Network, DHX’s Family Channel and Family CHRGD and the Corus Entertainment family of networks, Teletoon, YTV, and Treehouse.
How to be part of the team:
Please send your resume and portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference 2DDA-HIL-0717 on the front and in the subject line of all submissions. Please note that due to the volume of resumes received only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Mercury Filmworks welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
53 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, Ontario K2E 8C3