The fight for the Pride Lands is on!
Kion, Bunga, Beshte, Fuli and Ono can tackle any challenge and so do our animation teams.We are on an expedition seeking for those wanting to be part of our talented team dedicated to The Lion Guard.
This is an ideal opportunity for both promising and experienced animators, who are driven by the desire to create stunning animation on a world class level. Come and be mentored, rise to the challenged and realize your full potential.
About the Show:
Season 2 of The Lion Guard continues the story from one of the most beloved animated films in Disney’s history “The Lion King”. This follow-up series follows Simba’s son. His destiny: to lead the Lion Guard, a team that protects the Pride Lands and defends the Circle of Life.
- Positions: Harmony Animation
- Term of employment: Permanent full-time employee – in house
- Salary: TBD. Medical/Dental benefits and RRSP plan available
- Start Date: Immediately
- Job Reference Number: 2DDA-LG-1117
- All applicants must be a Canadian citizen or permanent resident(candidates must be willing to relocate to Ottawa, Canada)
How you’ll contribute:
- Plan, pose and produce high quality animation.
- Provide feedback to the animation supervisor on a regular basis.
- Work closely with the animation team and supervisor in order to reach the highest level of quality
- Must not have allergies to large cats or gazelles
- Bring your “A” game
What we are looking for:
- Must have a strong sense of animation timing, posing, weight and storytelling.
- Able to work and communicate effectively in a collaborative, fast paced environment.
- Strong critical thinking and problem solving skills.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Must be willing to learn.
- 2+ years of experience is considered ideal.
- Work experience with Toon Boom Harmony software is desired.
- Will consider candidates with 3D background that have a strong sense of the animation basics.
- Must be a team player
Mercury Filmworks® is one of Canada’s most prolific independent studios and internationally recognized as a leader in the animation industry for its benchmarks in quality, reliability, and innovation. Over its 19-year history Mercury has helped bring to life many of the most memorable modern animated television and film properties including the multi-award winning series Mickey Mouse Shorts, Lion Guard, Wander Over Yonder, Star and the Forces of Evil, Jake & the Never Land Pirates, Fish Hooks, Toot & Puddle, Gerald McBoing Boing, Atomic Puppet along with the feature films Curious George, The PowerPuff Girls Movie, and Looney Tunes: Back In Action. Mercury is proud to be associated with partners such as Disney, Amazon, NETFLIX, Warner Bros., Universal, Cartoon Network, Nickelodeon, and its home networks CBC, SRC, TVO, Knowledge Network, DHX’s Family Channel and Family CHRGD and the Corus Entertainment family of networks, Teletoon, YTV, and Treehouse.
How to become part of the team:
Please send your resume and link to your portfolio to: firstname.lastname@example.org and reference: 2DDA-LG-1117in the subject line of your submission. Please note that due to the volume of resumes received only the most qualified candidates will be contacted for interviews.
Mercury Filmworks welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
53 Auriga Drive
Ottawa, Ontario Canada K2E 8C3
Job posting last updated on October 15, 2015